pH probe for pool automation

Feb 25, 2015
Davis, CA
Hello All,

My pool is about to go through a complete remodel. I am adding a used Goldline SWCG. I also plan on automatically muriatic acid. I need to install a pH probe and when the pH drops below a certain level, the acid will be dosed. For the pH probe, I plan on having a 2" x 2" x 1/2FIPS PVC fitting. Then I plan on fitting a probe fitting into the 1/2 PVC fitting. The pH probe has a gas bulb. Do you think that the pH probe will be able to survive in setup that I am proposing? Has anyone done this? How did it work for you?

Thanks
Minh

Sure it can survive. I don't automate acid on my pool, but I work with controller pH probes every day. They need replacing once a year as best practice, and frequent calibration. I wouldn't trust one being calibrated less than once/week to ten days. You'll need to keep fresh calibration solutions on hand at all times. With care and attention, they can be a great thing. You want the probe up stream of the SWG for sure.

Oh, no problem with that at all if it's designed for the purpose. You want it after the filter, so that sand or other particles aren't banging into it. And upstream of any injections, SWG, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.