LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2015
Savannah GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well I have been on the tfp method for many months and things are crystal clear and balanced. My daily cost is about .25 cents for chemicals versus $2.17 a day with the Frog. Plus my pool is cleaner than ever without shock, algaecide, or metal mineral packs. My cya is coming down slowly. After converting to a Borate pool my ph and Ta are staying smooth without the wild swings. Thank you everyone for all the advice. :D

Good for you. It's so much easier and looks better!

We've been using the TFP method for a few years now and we couldn't be happier. We just opened our pool on Friday (5/8), and by the next day, the water was clear. It used to take days for the water to clear up after opening. Today's FC level was good, 0 CC and if tonight's chlorine loss test passes, I'll stop slamming tomorrow.

This really is the only way to maintain a pool.

25 cents a day?

1/12 of a gallon of bleach a day? My pool is twice your size and take 1/2 gallon of bleach a day, so about $1.50 per day for bleach.

How are you keeping you FC up for such a cheap price?

I get bleach at Food Lion $2.50 a gallon. My current usage is 10 to 12 ounces a day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Three years ago I was in tears and ready to fill in my in ground pool with cement-TFP walked me through the whole process of clearing up my "difficult pool" (that's the term the pool stored used ). I had added so many chemicals that my CYA was off the charts-the pool store never even mentioned checking that level-just kept selling me more chemicals-I was leaving the store many days with $200 of chemicals, all while my pool got cloudier. Today I opened up my pool after a loooong Chicago winter and my pool is crystal clear. My levels are near perfect- if it ever warms up here, we're all set! If any one wonders if TCF is worth the time it takes to educate yourself and try the method, my advise is not to waste another minute. When I first started reading this forum I thought I'd never get it right-but it's very easy!
THANKS TFP!!
'

When I finally got a house with a pool, this was the first place I came to even before the paper work was signed.

And I had a TF-100 kit delivered to work 2 weeks before I moved in.

There were tabs in the skimmer, dangerously low ph (unswimmable eye burn levels) and high CH and 300+ CYA.

The previous owner "showed" me how to backwash without bothering to rinse and when I asked about
the sand shooting in from the returns he said that was normal. haha.

keeping the pool nice and blue (avatar pic is from first swim last saturday) from day one thanks to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.