St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been around here reading as much information as I can. The information in the "Pool School" section is excellent, however I do have one question about something I noticed.

In the "Recommended Levels" section, is states TA should be 60-80 for all SWG pools.... then if you go to the "Water Balance for SWGs" is states that TA should be 70-90.

Being new to all of this, it may not be that big of a difference, but I would think that data coming from the same website would be consistent. Which one should I follow?

Thanks for the help and thanks for this wonderful website and resource!!!!

Those documents were written by different people at different times. All of the various TA numbers suggested are all fine, but the ideal level for your pool might be at one end of the range or the other. Lower TA values reduce the amount of upward PH drift you might have. If PH increases are not a problem then slightly higher TA values are just a little better.

The Water Balance Tips for SWGs was written based on practical observation of many salt pools. The lower limit of 60 ppm was added to the recommended levels table to include the small percentage of pools with a large amount of aeration from water features that would benefit with having a slightly lower TA for better ph stability, particularly those that do not have borates in them.

OK... Good. Thanks for the valuable information and clarification. I am still new to all of this so I am still trying to learn.

waterbear... I sent you a PM. Shoot me a msg back when you get time. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.