Let's See Your Test Kit!

Alright test kit junkies! Here is mine. Hot tub PH is too high! CYA is too low! What kind of amateur water chemistry experiment do we have going on here??? :-D

testkit.jpg

All are welcome, any type, brand, size.......Stock or mod, old or new, big or small, let's see em' ALL! :D

Here's my whole rig....with today's bleach for a little tweak...still floating some pucks, so...:stirpot:

Pool%20Kit1_zpsyncvuy5m.jpg

Bucket for Acid dilution, sample and rinse bottles, and of course my book.

Test Kit-Slightly Modded. But everything is in there...

Poolkit2_zpsyiurkqlm.jpg

My TF-100 kit is about 4 years old now, but I wanted to have everything in one place, so I've made some mods along the way. Once in a while I'm going over to help someone, so having it all together makes it easy. Of course I have a Speed Stir! ....and
I love the sample sizer. I use DPD pillows instead of the regular powder, but that's about it. I just re-fill as needed...

Let's see yours!!

That quartz water looks GOOD!

I'm jumping in where I don't belong, but curiosity got the better of me, so I opened up the door to this thread.

I'm sitting with only a Gunite shell in my backyard, and I haven't begun Pool School or anything. I have to say, all these pictures of test kits are making me a bit nervous. Was that a Bunsen Burner I saw in one of the kits? And in one picture, I thought I saw a hazmat suit tucked behind one box!

I may have gotten in over my head with this pool business. I've got a few weeks left before water fill day - I'd better start crackin' the books now... Is this pool maintenance business really do-able by the average person??? Too late now, though. Wish me luck! Is there a final exam before I get the pool filled?? Take care. Suz.

Suz,

It's really simple. Each test is outlined in Pool School, and with either kit, you get a cheat sheet with instructions on how to.

The individual tests are very quick and easy to do, with accurate results. That is the key to a well maintained pool. Anyone can do it, and you already know that we are here to help you along when you get stuck.

Once you get the hang of it, it should take 5 - 10 min a day for testing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was that a Bunsen Burner I saw in one of the kits? And in one picture, I thought I saw a hazmat suit tucked behind one box!
:laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

It really does get quite easy. The first thing to master is "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That one article tells you what to test, WHY you test for it, and how to change it. There are five parameters of pool water that are important and that article discusses them all.

I only test FC CC And TC daily, the rest I only check weekly, so testing takes about 2 minutes if that. Add a few moments for putting in the bleach, and it really is easy. Plus you know exactly what's in your pool. If it turns green you can only blame yourself....no mysterious pool gods to be angry at. :D
I remember pumping my fists at pool gods screaming why as I continuously poured expensive mystery stuff in my pool per the pool priests recommendations at the pool church down the street. No more!

Its really easy Suz. No rocket science involved and the hazat suit is optional!

The test kit has very easy to follow instructions for each test included

There are some handy references and recommended levels in Pool School or cheat sheets as I call them. If you just use that for your target water parameters, you will be golden and your pool water will be blingy!

One requirement about knowing what to add and how much is to learn to use Pool Math.

You might consider getting the test kit and practicing on your tap water and if you have any friends with a pool, use them as a guinea pig!

I'm jumping in where I don't belong, but curiosity got the better of me, so I opened up the door to this thread.

I'm sitting with only a Gunite shell in my backyard, and I haven't begun Pool School or anything. I have to say, all these pictures of test kits are making me a bit nervous. Was that a Bunsen Burner I saw in one of the kits? And in one picture, I thought I saw a hazmat suit tucked behind one box!

I may have gotten in over my head with this pool business. I've got a few weeks left before water fill day - I'd better start crackin' the books now... Is this pool maintenance business really do-able by the average person??? Too late now, though. Wish me luck! Is there a final exam before I get the pool filled?? Take care. Suz.

I second Dave on the practice. To anyone getting a new pool, this is one of the most important things you can do to protect the very large investment.

Practicing your tests on Tap or other pool water is an excellent first step to take. :goodjob:

Jumping in is the best way to go. Starting out your pool with TFP will make it so much easier. You'll know what you're doing in short time and between then and now you have us for backup. For the tests there is always youtube to be a show and tell. https://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit/videos

Suz, just keep breathing and remember it's only water. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Once the pool has water you can always run your tests and corrections by the forum to get confirmation as it is much easier to not add something than it is to correct it. With each confirmation you will get more confidence and pretty soon you might find you're answering more questions than you are asking :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.