Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My cover is solid with a mesh strip down the middle. Never removed it myself so I'm kinda dumb here...

First question...how exactly do I remove it?? I mean it's strung all tight between the anchors. Do I pull an anchor completely on one side first? Or do I pry the hook off the anchor? Too tight to try to loosen straps and I'm guessing I wouldn't want to anyway.

Also...how the heck are you supposed to fold it again? I've seen some detailed descriptions here that I wasn't quite visualizing. But it's just a fanfold or accordion fold, right?

Attachments

• afold.jpg
    afold.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 61
First, get all debris and water off the cover. Ignore water for a mesh cover. Then pop all the springs off with the provided tool. Finally accordion fold the cover at one of the short ends of the pool.

There are several good videos on YouTube, for example:

Um... Provided tool? All I have is the giant Allen key to use on the anchors. Is there something else I should have and, since I apparently don't, is there anything I can use as a substitute?

If you don't happen to have the cover removal tool, you can order one through various online sites or in a pinch, a bicycle seat with the right size post will fit over the anchor and inside the loop for removal. I take no responsibility if the bicycle seat post is too thin/weak and is damaged in the process!

Omigod! I found the tool but what a workout! Do these come in different sizes? Mine is smaller than the loop so the neat and perfect twist he does doesn't happen! I'm already exhausted after 8 and I have 22 more to go! Do these things come in different sizes?

You need to develope a technique for using the tool. It make take you a few tries but basically when I do it I place the tool over the brass screw, give it a twist to get between the screw and strap ring and a swift kick and they pop right off.

Sorry, I know that makes no sense but once you figure it out, it will. Just using arm force will kick your butt like you described.

Mine don't pop off easy like the video either. They need a swift kick on the tool and my spring are set per Loop loc instructions. His looked easy.

Incidentally...big shout out to all you wonderful pool geeks here! Pic below is just after the cover's off. Levels:
Cl - 0.5
CYA - 50
pH - 7.4
TA - 60

I couldn't be happier!!

Attachments

• coveroff.jpg
    coveroff.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 43

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.