Which heat pump

Mar 7, 2014
Georgia
Hey everyone! I have a very large pool (40-45k)that is in sun most of the day. Looking at getting a heat pump heater. Need pros and cons on different ones. Which ones work best, etc. Thanks in advance!

Propane is the most expensive option to operate. It is a lot more than gas. Solar panels are the cheapest to operate if you have a good sunny southern exposure. Heat pump is cheaper than gas to operate, but slow to heat. If you are looking to maintain a steady temp or heat a couple of days for weekend swims it will work. The climate in GA is probably good for a heat pump. Especially using a cover. I would get a big one, you have a big pool. 140k btu or thereabouts.

I would get Pentair because that is what you already have and they make good stuff. You could get a Suntouch down down the road if you wanted some automation, especially if you decided to add solar too. It could control heat pump, solar, IC60 and the pump.

We have 5 Vortex panels from solardirect.com. We are pretty happy with them. They have kept our pool pretty much at or slightly above the high temp this spring. And this spring has been tough because of all the rain. Rain makes a pool cold faster than anything. Solar controller is a must. There are some pics of our solar in my build thread in sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.