Remodel Liner Question

MT

Jun 27, 2013
Orange County, NY
We are remodeling a 20 year old vinyl pool. We are trying to achieve this kind of water color.

Theos_camera_pools_006_opt_1.jpg

Our pool is in direct sunlight, hardly any shade around it. Out of the liner choices our pool builder has supplied us, we think this is the only one that may be close:

midnight-atlantis-full_1.jpg

To my eyes it has a gray/blue/black speckled look. The other lighter liners by this mfg are all sand/tan color, and we are afraid the water will look too green. We have a rectangular more formal/traditional pool, nothing like the kidney shaped "lagoon" looking pools that are very popular today. We do want to avoid the look of dark murky water and we don't want green. We want vibrant aqua/turquoise blue!

And experience you folks could share?

Here is what I just put in last year

Mountain Top Blue Mosaic

A few tips my PB gave me about picking out a liner

If the samples he gave you are actual vinyl pieces and not paper, put them in the water, and see what they look like under water. If he gave you a paper sample, ask him if he has vinyl ones you can use.

The other tip was that he told me that the liner would bleach out in the sun, and fade. He cautioned that if I picked a light blueish liner, then if would seem white soon, since it did not start with much pigment.

Yev

That is another pattern we are considering. In fact, that is the one we would go with if we want to make sure our pool always looks blue, no matter what the weather and surroundings. Do you have any pictures of your pool on a sunny day you could post? How did the mosaic work out as far as the seams and other places where the tiles may not line up exactly? Is it noticeable? Thanks!

Sadly I dont have a lot of pictures. I live in the Midwest, and didn't get my pool until august last year. Here is one picture i have from my deck, so you can see the color from a distance. I havent opened yet this year, so I cont go snap one for you.

As for the tiles lining up, here are my thoughts. There is no way they will line up at every corner/edge/etc. Accept it. I am anal about stuff, and thought it would bother me, but it does not. When the pump is on, or people are in teh pool, the water moves, and you dont see it anyway.

Ill look to see if I have any better photos. But I have no regrets about my choice, neither does my wife. And we both stressed out about it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.