14' Solar Cover

Jul 8, 2014
Pittsburg, KS
I the owner of a 14' Intex Ultra Frame pool. It's the best kind... it was free!

Anyway, it seems to be an odd size, and it's even discontinued from Intex. I'm having trouble locating a solar cover for it. I'm hoping with all the expertise and experience on this forum, someone can point me in the right direction.

This will be my 3rd season with the pool. Being a small pool the water temp fluctuates ALOT, and the water never really stayed warm enough to swim in. (it was too cold for my wife to get in on the 4th of July last year!)

Your advice it greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP!

Most likely the best you will be able to do is buy a 15' cover and cut 6" off per side with scissors. The solar covers cut easily and that's how I do it for my free form pool.

I just bought my first cover and will need to cut to size as well.

From all the reading on this forum I have learned:

1. Always place the cover bubble side down.

2. When trimming to fit, it's good to have 2 inches of clearance between the cover and the walls.

as far as I know just free floating.

and some folks say (depending on size) that cutting the cover in half or even thirds makes
it easier to remove and place. But I think thats for larger and free form styled pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.