2 out of 3 ain't bad!!??

Victor

Aug 4, 2012
Girard, OH
Hello all, I've been using your site for the last 3 yrs. and this is the 2nd year of opening/closing myself. I want to say thank you to all admin. and site contributors. I opened my pool 4 days ago to a clear blue pool which was a wonderful feeling, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430485243.514976.jpgespecially after friends pictures of a swampy mess!! My question is after using the slam method, I wanted to see if the process is complete so point 1. Pool crystal clear 2. CC is 0
3. Overnight FC test is the one in question.
My cya was 70 so shock level was 28 I turned SWG off at night, but I didn't look at weather report we got rain, so I tested in am and FC dropped by 3 and cc is still 0. Could the drop be from rain and if so is 2 out of 3 bad??
Thanks in advance
Victor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means you are not quite done, but are very close. There was some organic debris, which used up some of the chlorine overnight. Make sure you brush the entire pool today, and do the overnight test again tonight and the odds are very good that you will pass tonight.

I would leave FC alone this morning/afternoon, and then raise the FC level back up this evening before starting tonights overnight test.

There is some chance that the rain had something to do with it, though usually it would not. Typically ordinary rain has no noticeable affect, but high winds and thunderstorms do tend to blow in debris and thus lower FC a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.