Can i do this to prepare for above ground pool

May 1, 2015
des moines

I AM PUTTING UP AN ABOVE GROUND POOL IN MY YARD.....
INSTEAD OF GRATING UP THR YARD AS IHAVE A SUMP PUMP DRAIN OUT IN THE YARD.
I THOUGHT THAT I AMY BE ABLE TO DUMP 20X20 SQ. FEET OF BLACK DIRT...4 INCHES DEEP.
THEN SOME LIME STONE,
THEN THE SAND AND u ALSO HAVE A GORILLA PAD 18X18.....MY POOL IS 15 FT ROUND.

DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD WORK>

I AM ASLO ATTACHING 1/4 OF THE POOL TO A DECK I PLAN TO BUILD EXTENDING FROM AN EXISTING DECK.

THANK CAROL

Welcome to the forum!

I AM PUTTING UP AN ABOVE GROUND POOL IN MY YARD.....

Above ground pools are good, in most cases work out better than an in ground.

INSTEAD OF GRATING UP THR YARD AS IHAVE A SUMP PUMP DRAIN OUT IN THE YARD.
I THOUGHT THAT I AMY BE ABLE TO DUMP 20X20 SQ. FEET OF BLACK DIRT...4 INCHES DEEP.

This might be ok, if you go the extra step of bringing the level up slowly -- two or three inches at a time -- and use a plate compactor each time you add more dirt.

THEN SOME LIME STONE,

Same here. Use the plate compactor as you bring the level up

THEN THE SAND AND u ALSO HAVE A GORILLA PAD 18X18.....MY POOL IS 15 FT ROUND.

When you get to the final level, it must be absolutely level, not just "that looks close enough". final level needs to be within 1" between any two support posts.

DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD WORK?

It should, if the compacting is done properly.

Under each post for the sidewall, you should have at least a 12x12 paver, with the top even with the final grade for added support.

I AM ASLO ATTACHING 1/4 OF THE POOL TO A DECK I PLAN TO BUILD EXTENDING FROM AN EXISTING DECK.

THANK CAROL

Adding to your existing deck is OK.

Do you have the pool information? Please post that here.

You will also need a very good test kit, once you have water in your pool. We recommend the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Accept no substitutes!

We can help you get this done!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.