Just got my new heat pump, should I be concerned ?

Jun 14, 2009
I just got home and took the box off and I see this:
b0f89a9ee4b7cf649945ccd14fffdf9b.jpg

Should I be concerned ?

Thanks jblizzle. ...

The cosmetic fact doesn't really bother me, if it is just cosmetic. I just don't want it to be functionally damaged and have signed for it already. Since I really won't know until I connect it to power, but it looks like just the plastic wasn't place right and the actual control panel isn't damaged

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes...I just received it yesterday

Well hopefully it's OK. You have to wonder what happened to it that caused this. I am sure it didn't come from the factory like that or that would mean there is bad quality control. Probably going to be a pain to get the part or heater replaced plus the time to wait for it. If it is just cosmetic, then I would send the picture to the place you purchased it from and ask for a discount.

I know you had no control over this but this is always my fear and why when customers call me to install a heater they purchased over the internet I say no. The last thing I want is a finger pointing saying I broke it. Good luck and I hope all goes well with this issue for you.

What has curled is just a label. Are there any other parts of the heater that look like something happened? If you private message me your address I will have a new label sent to you.

Thank you so much Hayward Pool ......

I spoke to someone at Hayward and they said when the electrician comes to connect the heat pump that panel is removed "see if he can place the label on correctly", if not call him back and he would send someone out to replace it. That is exactly what happened, the pump was connected to the electric this morning and the label looks fine.

Once again thank you ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.