Leftover Products, ok to use

CGS

Sep 15, 2008
I have several products left over from the previous homeowner.

1. Stablizied tablets ( I assume contain cya so I won't use)
2. Aqua Chem 4-1 Granulated chlorine
3. Aqua Chem 4-1 Shock

Does anyone know how 2 and 3 will effect other readings such as pH, ak, CH, etc.?

You need to figure out what they contain. 4 in 1 products have extra things in them, some of which are harmless (clarifier) and some of which can cause problems (copper). If you can figure out from the label what is in it you can get a much better idea of how good it is to use and what effects it will have on your chemistry.

I did a little bit of "googling." The aqua-chem chlorinating granules are trichlor, and the shock plus is dichlor. Not sure what else is in them. Anyway, both trichlor and dichlor contain CYA, which, as you already know, you have to be careful about using.

Thanks for the info. I think I will hang onto the pucks for use when I have to go away for a few days. Once my TF100 comes in, I'll have a better understanding of how much I can use them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.