Got a new sand filter and I screwed up...

Apr 30, 2015
GA
So I bought a new sand filter along with a salt water system. Hooked it all up, poured pool sand into the sand filter and turned it on. Instead of reading the instructions, I set it to filter first instead of backwash and all the fine particles of the new sand went into my pool and now I can't see the bottom of the pool. I was just wondering if filtering overtime will get rid of it and make it back crystal clear or do I need to do something else?

~Jay

IMG_3694.jpg

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can continually run the filter and brush the pool daily and eventually it will pick up all the sand. A quicker way would be to get something like an Aqua Broom and vacuum it all up. I don't think the small vacuum kits they sell for these pools would pick up sand very well.

I think screwing up is pouring a gallon of paint I the pool - this is probably just a minor irritation. As this is a lot of fines, it also may help to use the DE in sand filter trick to catch the fine particles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.