Anyone use the new Polaris P825

Apr 30, 2015
Charlotte NC
I've been researching robots, and was leaning towards the Hayward tiger shark. Came across the new Polaris p825. It's alot like the Tiger shark. Only has the quick clean basket like their other robots. Only online at leslies pool supply, and it's not even on Polaris home page... Looks like it's going to be a good product, just unsure about being the first to buy..

I love the look of the tank tracks, 3 roller system. Top loading baskets look like they'd be much better than flipping over my TigerShark. I'm not quite sold on the ability of these basket type filters catching fine dust and dirt as well as a thicker, pleated filter such as in my TigerShark. For me, getting that fine dirt that accumulates a lot over the winter and throughout the summer from the surrounding farm fields is a big deal. Maybe the basket types catch it well, but I'd have to see some feedback on that.

As far as the paper filters, I put a sock on my Skimmer basket and it traps a ton of smaller stuff. I don't think you'll ever get rid of it all but the basket in that robot is a super fine mesh almost like a fabric. I bet it does fine on small stuff

I took a look today at the P825 in Leslies. I like the two brushes and large filter basket because i often get a lot of leaves later in the season and the dolphin seems to have a a smaller container for this.
I realize this is a leslies exclusive for now but don't want to be stuck buying parts from them as well. I don't see this on the Polaris site yet.
Also, some cleaners claim to scan the pool and systematically clean pool, no mention of that for the Polaris. Anyone know if this scanning really works or is a randomized cleaning pattern acceptable.

Thanks

Same here. I was looking at the Tiger Shark, polaris 9450 sport, and dolphin triton plus before Leslie's introduced me to this one today. Going to pull the trigger on a purchase within 2 weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just called my local Leslie's pool supply store and although the person I spoke to was far from friendly or helpful, she did mention the Polaris P825 is going on sale TOMORROW, May 19th. She said it is usually around $1,000, but going on sale for $8xx ($800 something, she didn't have time to go look because she was helping other customers, had a water test to do and the phone was ringing). She sounded very put out to be helping me.

Anyway, watch and see if there is a sale in your area!!!

I've been researching robots, and was leaning towards the Hayward tiger shark. Came across the new Polaris p825. It's alot like the Tiger shark. Only has the quick clean basket like their other robots. Only online at leslies pool supply, and it's not even on Polaris home page... Looks like it's going to be a good product, just unsure about being the first to buy..

I am in the same boat and also considering the P825. I've been looking around on the web for reviews, or pretty much anything. The local pool store sells them but claims not many have bought them, so not too much info on how well it cleans or any issues. The web is pretty bare also ...

This thread is a year old, and I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience with this model and if they are happy with it. I have a 16x32 vinyl.

I have the P825 for almost two seasons and Like it. It climbs walls when selected with no issue and feel the fine mesh basket works well and very easy to clean. Just bang out in pail for large debris and rinse out with hose for the fine stuff. It does sometimes miss spots but believe all do. Don't really regret the fact that there is no remote control as I just hit that spot with my brush manually. The other other cleaner I have owned to co,are it to was a Polaris 360 which i felt was awful and sold on craigs list. Overall I am satisfied with the unit and have had no failures or parts break yet Please ask any specific questions you may have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really enjoy my 825 when it works. Bought it in Nov 2016, had to go in for repair for 3 weeks in February(somewhat due to Leslie's incompetence), and just this morning it stopped working again. Had I replied yesterday, I would have said 5 stars. Today, maybe 3 stars. Maybe I just got a lemon, but in February they replaced almost everything, motor block, floating cable, and something else.

Ok, gotta go back to 5 stars. One note to 825 owners, one blink on the error indicator means low flow. Leslie's cleaned the filter basket really good and all is well. I get a ton of silt blown into pool, so will need to come up with something to clean the fine mesh on my 825 from time to time. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Gang,
I'm brand new here and had a question... My Local Retailer is having the annual sale on these this weekend. How have your experiences been now that you have owned for a bit and it's not a brand new thingie? They are currently about $815, which includes the caddy. Is the basket able to catch fine particles? Will I need the extra fine mesh basket? I like the Top-Loading mechanism and seems fairly dummy proof! lol

I have a 16k gallon fiberglass in ground with a seating area in the deep end and a large bench that encircles the shallow end. I was looking at this model as it would likely be able to clean those areas. Please advise of your Pro's and Con's!

Thank you so much..
Suzy

We love ours..and we are actually selling it as we just moved to a house with no pool. Had ours for about 1.5 years so still under manufacturer warranty. Runs great and is pretty much new with the box and everything. let me know if you are interested.. we can ship it- just posted it on ebay today..asking 600!

I love the look of the tank tracks, 3 roller system. Top loading baskets look like they'd be much better than flipping over my TigerShark. I'm not quite sold on the ability of these basket type filters catching fine dust and dirt as well as a thicker, pleated filter such as in my TigerShark. For me, getting that fine dirt that accumulates a lot over the winter and throughout the summer from the surrounding farm fields is a big deal. Maybe the basket types catch it well, but I'd have to see some feedback on that.

Can't speak to the Polaris, but the Maytronics top-load baskets offer a pleated outer layer with a fine mesh inner layer so it's effective on large debris all the way down to very fine particles.

I purchased mine at the end of last season. It still worked well this year until about 2 weeks ago. I would turn it on, it would go about 6 feet, then it was done. I took it to Leslie's and they ran a diagnostic on it and said it was a problems with the gears. It was under warranty so the repair won't cost me anything, but I had to wait almost 2 weeks for them to get the new parts in.

I over research things, and had this in the run when I was looking Jan/Feb 2017.

I was able to talk to the service tech here in Houston, who works at a Leslie's that used to be a Warehouse pool, anyway he said to go tiger shark.
On the table was the 825, 9500, and tigershark. Note, some Leslie's do not sell the tigershark anymore, so that was showing he had no skin in the game and it was an service perspective. I think only the (formerly) warehouse pool stores carry them. Also, he said go 280 for pressure.

For me, maytronics was off the table since the closest service center is like 25 miles from where I live... that's about an hour drive and $10 in tolls.

If you have a smaller pool, a Tigershark QC would be fine. For my larger pool, I need to run it the whole 4 hour program to get everything clean.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.