intex 22x52 ground prep question

May 24, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I live in las vegas and we have dessert landscaping and to make it worse a lot of Caliche in the ground. My entire backyard has Mojave gold 3/8 minus rocks. When you walk you don't feel anything sharp and it feels soft. Since the pool will only be used 3-5 month and stored the rest of the year it's not worth to remove all the rocks just to end up digging into caliche which is worse. I'm thinking of using some type of padding to be on the safe side on top of the rocks and putting the intex ground liner on top.

Searching here I've found different options like gorilla pad, carpet, carpet tiles and regular padding at home depot. Any suggestions and will I be ok?

Level Level Level- This will be the hardest task.

The gorilla pad is not for comfort, it is to prevent rocks-grass etc from coming up under the pool. I have one under mine.

The pink foam is for comfort.

I used crusher run with fines for my base, once in and compacted it is like concrete and less likely to shift on you.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.