Re: Spa Moisturizers?

Tormax

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara

Welcome to tfp, Iowamod20 :wave:

You could also buy boric acid from places such as dudadiesel.com. Then you would only be adding one thing to the water.

Why are you adding moisturizers to the tub? If you mean on your skin, I personally find no need for it in a properly maintained tub. The oils, etc. can be broken down with chlorine, but it can take awhile, so I would avoid it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But this is the most relevant I could find with searches and being a newb. We are upgrading to a larger used Tub and really want to keep the chemicals simple since we tried quite a few brands on water exchanges with the old tub. We found we needed a moisturizer sue to dry skin after but everything tested OK. What are the suggested products we should use? Please keep in mind we like Bromine due to the smell and we would like our 3 Chihuahuas to be able to continue using the new tub too.

Thanks in Advance!

Tormax

Hi, welcome to TFP.

Please restate your question so I understand correctly. Moisturizer after a soak? before? During? I'm not clear.

I will say what the other poster says that a properly maintained tub will not dry out your skin. Our hot tub maintained with Bleach/chlorine, borax, CYA and a little epsom salts is perfectly balanced and never leaves my skin feeling dry or in need of moisturizer. I've been maintaining my tub this way for a year and a half and I get in my tub at least 5 days per week. The borax and the CYA in the tub do an amazing job of buffering/minimizing/eliminating the usual side effects people associate with chlorine like smell, dry skin, harshness, wear and tear on swimsuits, etc. None of that exists in our hot tub.

Here is a link describing how I maintain my tub with chlorine if you want to read that.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/9670-How-do-I-use-Chlorine-in-my-Spa-(or-pool)

Here is the TFP article on how to maintain a tub with bromine to make sure you are maintaining it TFP-style
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/84-How-do-I-use-Bromine-in-my-spa-(or-pool)

Anyway, just thought I would put that out there for further consideration, we can answer your question better once we understand it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, cool that your doggies get in the tub! Need pics of that sometime! :) Is there a benefit of bromine associated with dogs vs chlorine? I haven't heard that. One of our dogs is in our pool all the time, lying on the sun shelf and drinking it. Also a chlorine pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.