New Pool and spa in Design Phase. Northern Virginia.

jekyll

Apr 23, 2015
Haymarket/Virginia
New Pool being built spring 2015.

Inground 700 sq ft., 24ft x 43ft freeform
50 sq.ft spa, 18 inch raised and overflow
SWG or new Hayward Ozone with inline chlorinator
Hayward equipment:
- 450 sq.ft Cartridge filter
- 400k heater
- P4 Controller with Wifi Aqua Connect and Aqua Pod
- LED Lights
- SharkVac
30 foot RBB with 2 sheer descents
50sf tanning ledge w/ LED bubbler
2 boosters
Quartz finish
aggregate decking

Just a few quick drawings of what we are thinking.
pool1.jpg
pool2.jpg
pool3.jpg
pool4.jpg

Thanks for the insight guys. Not sure why the PB is insisting this new system is better than anything else. Maybe he gets a good deal on them or something. He did say he would replace the Ozone system with SWG if we didn't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

We just made the selection on the PB.

Builders do not seem to understand how to actually maintain the chemistry.
They certainly do not understand the FC/CYA relationship or how tablets will get you into trouble.
I would guess they are getting a kick back on pushing the ozone.

There are many threads that discuss it if you search.
Here is one that discusses the ozone/UV: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...s-and-quot-chemical-free-quot-pools-The-Truth!

Jekyll,

A few other thoughts (for what it's worth...)

- I'd get a larger filter for that size pool (already mentioned this)
- You might want to consider a robotic cleaner ...They are very energy efficient and do a great job cleaning
- PebbleSheen or WetEdge Level 1 likely will cost you about $1500 more and is more durable ...Quartz can be more blotchy, but is smoother
- You have a large pool, so you might want to consider making the tanning ledge a foot longer or add a bench at the end
- You might like the view of the pool better if your overflow is open instead of a gap

I hope this helps. This site is great for learning!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Builders do not seem to understand how to actually maintain the chemistry.
They certainly do not understand the FC/CYA relationship or how tablets will get you into trouble.
I would guess they are getting a kick back on pushing the ozone.

There are many threads that discuss it if you search.
Here is one that discusses the ozone/UV: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...s-and-quot-chemical-free-quot-pools-The-Truth!

So there really isn't any new technology in this type of sanitizer? The PB said they have something new that does a much better job, haha.

- I'd get a larger filter for that size pool (already mentioned this)
- You might want to consider a robotic cleaner ...They are very energy efficient and do a great job cleaning
- PebbleSheen or WetEdge Level 1 likely will cost you about $1500 more and is more durable ...Quartz can be more blotchy, but is smoother
- You have a large pool, so you might want to consider making the tanning ledge a foot longer or add a bench at the end
- You might like the view of the pool better if your overflow is open instead of a gap

Thanks for the input, we are still planning so everything is helpful. I'm pretty sure I'll run out of money before this is over. :)

I'll check into the filter. The one we were spec'd is has the Microban, not sure if that matters or not.
I thought the SharkVAC XL was a robotic cleaner.
Good info on the plaster. i'll ask about that also.
Tanning ledge is 56 sqft or so, I wanted to make sure we had enough room to play volleyball and stuff like that.
The over will be cut out, The drawing doesn't show that, so i'll make sure.

Take care.

I would put a bench, or two, on the back wall of the pool for sitting and sipping beverages and chatting with people in the hot tub. Also kids like to play on them.

Finally have a chance to post some updates.

Added a 9 foot bench on the back wall and had a pvc sleeve put in it and one on the tanning deck for a volleyball net.
Extended the tanning one and a half feet, didn't seem big enough when they dug it out.

Tile, stone and coping should be going in later this week, along with Electrical.

Here are some pictures.

Before Dig.
18054161280_99fa2f5211_c.jpg

After Dig
18238382242_f3a3ee1f15_c.jpg

18242206195_e2f11f1c49_c.jpg

Rebar
17621709463_5336781d19_c.jpg

18215898996_d5f04666e9_c.jpg

Plumbing
18215932236_c3af8bc738_c.jpg

18056212819_ae2d18f5e0_c.jpg

Gunite
18215998586_f0f3c07f94_c.jpg

18054761600_9f19ddd868_c.jpg

18242869375_3d673645ca_c.jpg

18238818992_87118fa251_c.jpg

18054858570_e00b1b7ee8_c.jpg

17620316374_e04f1968c6_c.jpg

Take care

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.