Sta-rite multiport settings

The "winter" setting is the same as an in between position, it allows everything to flow to everything. Basically it is a way of making sure that the valve drains out completely and doesn't have some water left in one of the ports that could freeze and damage the valve.

Should I remove and lubricate the spider gasket anway (and store it out of the filter for the winter)? Also, after the filter is drained, do I leave the drain plug out for the winter (if so should I cover it so mice don't decide to winter out in there)?

Thanks!

We probably have the same filter as you. Once the valve is set to "Winter" that's where it stays. We don't remove anything from the valve. Drain cap is left off and I store it in my skimmer basket in the shed so it's easy to find in the spring. I don't cover the drain hole. I think it would be difficult for mice to do anything there.

Thanks. I"ll probably do the same unless someone convinces me otherwise. That filter looks too cumbersome (heavy?) to drag inside for the winter. I'm also guessing that despite the "winter" setting it wouldn't hurt to remove the gasket and lubricate it at some point.

Kelly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.