Liner company?

dpease

May 20, 2014
Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
Any recommendations on a liner company? I was going to order from Hydra but they have a F BBB rating. I read that liners come not to the measurements submitted. Has anyone ordered from SPP? I would like to know what your experience was with the company you ordered from? And most importantly did you get what you ordered? Meaning measurements. I am open to any suggestions. Its getting the busy season so would like to have ordered our liner yesterday but am unsure of who or where to order from. Planning on ordering online. Again suggestions! And please don't say call a pro. I tried and its not an option.

Thanks. Merlin and GLI only sell to contractors. Am looking for a reputable company that sells custom liner to consumer directly. Thanks for advice. And ppl say Latham also, but again. I am not a contractor. A great reference would be a Do It yourself builder who purchased a liner or kit from a company. Anyone? No builder has taken up on offer for reno and replacement. If you know some one in southwestern Pa please send them my way. Thanks again.

I know you want to buy direct, but in my opinion not a great idea. I installed a liner last year that the customer measured and bought themselves, so I decided to check some of their dimensions. The customer ordered the liner for a depth of 8'10" and the pool was only 8'4" deep. I called the company where I get my liners and was told liners bought online are usually very undersized and when I hung the liner it fit great so that liner was undersized 6". If his pool was actually 8" 10" the liner would have stretched way to much for my liking. Since you are in PA find a local dealer that sells GARRETT liners, they are in eastern PA and make great liners. Install the liner yourself and save the money on labor. I think if you let the dealer make a few bucks on the liner you will be much happier in the end, plus think about a warranty issue if you purchase online might be a pain

You already mentioned Latham liners. They are nice ones and they feature what they call "ultra seam". Ultra seam is a technology which renders the seams of the liner almost invisible.

No idea if they deal with general public or not.

I know you want to buy direct, but in my opinion not a great idea.

+10 on that.

My PB, with nearly 50 years of experience, sweated bullets over the measurement of my pool. There is no way I could have done what he did. He mentioned that he specifies EXACT measurements to the liner manufacturer. If not, they subtract a fudge factor to make it fit without wrinkles, which, in his opinion stretched the liner too much and in unpredictable ways.

It fit perfectly, but had he missed on a dimension, it would have been on him, not me. I'm not sure what one would do with an 800+ sq. ft. liner that didn't fit......

Thanks guys. Now if only I could a company to come measure and order. That would be wonderful. Thats my delema. There a ton of above ground guys but having tough time with IG contractor. If someone outside of western PA would do it I will pay thats not the issue. Any Morgantown WV takers?

I would also be very nervous about measuring my own pool for a liner manufacture. My neck is getting tight just thinking about what could go wrong and what I would want someone else to be responsible for.

Maybe its my misunderstanding, but you seem to be focusing on pool contractors/builders as the only outlet for this work. What about simply calling a locally owned storefront like Joe's Pools & Spas right in your town and order it through them. (Perhaps they are one of the AG only shops, maybe you have had less than stellar service, etc, but thought I would mention them. I have no relation or past experience.) My next suggestion would be to find recommended pool stores up in Greensburg.

Good luck either way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.