Any Experience with Grease Absorbers in Drip Pan?

Jul 13, 2008
Woodbridge, VA
Has anyone ever used any kind of product to act as a grease absorber in the drip pan of a gas grill? I've got a Turbo Elite I'm getting ready to set up in a built-in island and recall reading about a product to spread in the bottom of the drip tray to absorb grease and aid clean up.

Does anyone have any information on a product like that?

Thanks,
Geoff

Geoff, on my Turbo STS, I lined the drip tray with aluminum foil first. Then I picked up some "Oil Absorber" from my local Ace Hardware store. This is the stuff that looks like cat litter. Spread it out about 1/2" or so thick in the drip pan, and called it good. Works great, and its' cheap too!! Hope this helps. C-Ya!!

Thanks for the input. I went by the local Barbeques Galore and picked up some Oil-Dri. I'm setting the grill this week so I'll put it to use on the weekend. The local BG store was closing up and everything was on sale. The manager said they were shutting them all down and then try to resurrect the company on the west coast. He didn't have any info on what they were planning for parts support.

Geoff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.