My cheap and easy DIY pool cartridge filter cleaning lazy susan stand

Awesome! I have a metal stake about 4ft tall next to my cartridge filter from when I had a plastic mesh screen around the equipment to keep my blind lab out. Since I no longer have the plastic mesh fence, and my lab passed, I took it down, but left the stake in the ground. I put my cartridges on it one at a time to hose them down. My 5 year old practices his firefighting skills (it was me who posted that in the "do you backwash a cartridge filter" thread). He loves it, and I get drink a beer. It really saves my back and knees, too.

I love your solution, and will have to make one. Brilliant idea!!

I helped a neighbor clean his filters and brought my stand over. It eliminates most of the stooping. I may keep and eye out for broken office chairs and build another to give away in my neighborhood. These chairs are pretty junky. The bottom of the "seat" portion is a thin piece of metal that fails and then the whole thing goes to the curb. There is a facebook page in my neighborhood, and its probably going to be easy to get another. Would have been nice to use a pan head bolt and a fender washer to protect the plastic lid part but still present a flat surface for the filter. Its also not the easiest thing to center the lid, since the chair has no metal in its most central spot to drill and bolt thru.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.