New Pool Build - 1st Timer - Few Questions- SALT and LIGHTS

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
I am getting ready to install a fiberglass pool, roughly 18,000 gallon. Have purchased all Jandy equipment, 2hp varible speed Flow Pro pump, CV Versa Plumb Filter and the 266K JXI Heater. I still have to purchase the salt system and a light. Just cant decide on them. I am considering the Pentair 5G LED Color light or the Hayward light, trying to decide which is better??

Salt- Just cant seem to decide between the three, Jandy Aqua Pure, Hayward AquaRite, or the Pentair. Was going to buy a Electrical Control/Distribution Panel to power everything out of but it seems like I can just buy an exterior 100amp sub panel a whole lot cheaper.

any suggestions - I need to pull the trigger in a day or two since the pool goes in two weeks from now

Thanks guys

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have an opinion on the lights.

For the SWG, I will just say that the Pentair cells are more expensive to replace down the road, and if you do not have Pentair automation, you only get to set the output in 20% increments which can make dialing in the FC level a little more difficult. I have had Hayward's on my 2 pools without a problem. Definitely size the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. I would recommend a 40k cell.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have an opinion on the lights.

For the SWG, I will just say that the Pentair cells are more expensive to replace down the road, and if you do not have Pentair automation, you only get to set the output in 20% increments which can make dialing in the FC level a little more difficult. I have had Hayward's on my 2 pools without a problem. Definitely size the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. I would recommend a 40k cell.

How do like the ProLogic p-4 ? Is it worth the expense? Is it the control panel, load center? Does it have breaker capabilities?

The P4 has the breaker panel and controls. It is the most basic ProLogic. Only reason I got it was because I was adding solar and SWG and needed to update the breaker panel ... so this ended up costing very similar to what getting the different separate systems would have.

Pentair actually does have a cheaper system that integrates with their SWG without a load center.

BUT, since you already got a Jandy VS pump, you would be better to stick with Jandy automation as it will integrate easier/better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.