Swg with Lomart Pool

Mar 19, 2015
Menifee, california
We have finally (longest do it yourself project ever) gotten to the point of filling our Lomart 15 x 24 agp. We have hired a pool company to install the liner since it proved pretty difficult to get wrinkle free. When speaking with them they noticed our already installed Hayward inline swg and said that is a no no . Pool guy said it will corrode our pool and void the warranty. I asked at Leslie's awhile back and they said it was no problem. I looked on our warranty card and sure enough, it says it will void our warranty. Sigh, so no the question is do we just eat the cost of the swg or leave it. I cannot find much info about how bad it is for the pool. I do not want our pool frame to break down. Do many of you use swg with above ground pools?

Lomart Montessa 15 x 24 agp. Hayward Tristar vs, Hayward Swimclear filter, Aqurite SWG.

Many many members use SWGs with AG pools ... warranty or not. In reality it should not really affect the steel much more than a non-SWG pool would. After all a non-SWG pool can end up with a salt level of 1000ppm, so a SWG with 3000ppm is not that much higher and still WAY below the 30,000ppm of the ocean.

I am not sure I recall ever seeing a warranty claim mentioned on the forum for a pool falling apart with or without a SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.