Dolphin Oasis Z5 - 4 ppm Max Chlorine - Is this Unreasonable?

We recently purchased a Dolphin Oasis Z5, and the warnings instruct us not to use it when FC exceeds 4 ppm. This seems unreasonable to me, especially when our pool has CYA of 97, necessitating a higher minimum of FC to prevent algae.

(We just moved into our house and are first time pool owners. At the start, our CYA was 140, so we are making improvements...)

Does anyone have any insight as to whether it would be okay to use our Z5 at higher levels of FC? Obviously, we won't put the Z5 in the pool while SLAMing, but 4 ppm just seems like a very low tolerance level for a pool cleaner.

It goes along with the traditional recommendation to keep FC between 1 - 3 with no regard to CYA level.

I ran my M5 all lat year with 200+ CYA and FC in the 20 range. He is out in the pool right now cleaning......

My normal FC is 6 now, so i guess I'm still above their recommendation.

Welcome to TFP!

Right down the road from you here..:wave:

Tim has you right. Pool equipment people simply can't go outside EPA guidelines, which unfortunately don't recognize Cya residuals. No worries though, my M5 never sees 4 except when I slip on my duties. He's seen anywhere from 6 up for a year now, and no problems. I truly don't believe slam levels would hurt him, but extended periods of that probably aren't adviseable.

Good to have you aboard, and I'm glad you joined us. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.