Gas Line for Pool Heater

Mar 10, 2015
Rexford/NY
New at the whole pool thing. I had our pool installed late in the fall last year, so this will be our first full year with it. Looking for some info on gas line to heater. Any info on where I can buy 200 feet of 1 1/2 PE gas line. The suppliers in my area only have 150 and 500 foot rolls. I don't want to put a splice under ground.

Thank You,

Pete

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I would think if you have the proper tools to install the gas line, then a welded splice would be no big deal.

This is not really a DIY project IMO. Or are you just digging the trench and laying the pipe?

They make heat fusion tools to join PE gas lines. We used to use the tools that you heat up with a torch. The pipe goes on one end, and the fitting on the other end of the tool. Heat it up with a torch, the pull the pipe and fitting off the tool, then put the fitting on the pipe. Now they have electric tools instead of having to use a torch. It's called a McElroy fusion tool. It basically forms a melted joint. It has to be pressure tested and inspected before the ditch is filled.
And I agree. Not really a DIY job when it comes to running gas lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.