Corrosion Concerns?

Apr 29, 2015
Norfolk,NY
I am serioulsy considering installing a SWG system on my 27' Radiant Metric Pool that I installed (inground) last spring. Pool walls are aluminum with a double layer acrylic coating. The manufacturer (Radiant Pools) claims a lifetime warrantee on the pool. Can anyone advise if a SWG/salt will corrode my pool walls. I've read many mixed reviews on multiple sites. I want to install the SWG for the convienience of it, but also don't want to damage the pool. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. With aluminum walls and a lifetime warranty you should be just fine. I would be far more concerned with the fact that it is buried than the SWG. Very few issues reported on this forum using a SWG on an above ground pool.

I have been in the aluminum boat industry for over 20 years(18 as a fitter) and yes sea water can corrode unpainted aluminum. Sea water has way more salt in it that you will in you pool. Plus with a double layer acrylic coating on top of the aluminum, corrosion from the water is not going to be a problem.

Hi tcook310, just so you're aware, we've got hundreds of pools out in the field matched up with a SWG and haven't seen any issues with corrosion / oxidization. Use of a SWG will not affect the warranty in any way. PM me if you have any questions specific to your particular install. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.