Automatic Pool Leveler well is cracked badly

JaKoe

Apr 28, 2015
Mesa, AZ
My automatic pool leveler is cracked badly (1/2" or more). To make matters worse the pipe going to the pool is also cracked. One person told me that they should not be made of concrete and should have a liner like the skimmer. I'm having trouble even finding a company to come out and give me a quote. Do I call a plumber instead of a pool company?

Over the years I've tried patching with concrete and caulk - roots still grow into it and the pipe going to the pool.

Can anyone tell me the proper way for this to be fixed or replaced? Can they drill a new pipe into the pool? Can a new one just be placed outside of the concrete deck, in the grass? This seems like it would be less expensive than cutting the old one out, replacing, and trying to patch the cool decking. Then just seal up the old one. Can they just bore a new round hole into the deck, drop in a liner, drill new hole to pool, connect existing water supply? They reason I ask is one company came out and gave me a quote with no specifics, just a price. When talking to them, I got different answers from different people. Didn't sound like they knew what they were doing, nor are they willing to put anything in writing. Also said, only a 1 year warranty.

Other things: the pipe going to the pool is metal (in the pool leveler) to pvc (poolside), but the pvc is not threaded. I've had a wine cork shoved into the hole for the past year. How would this be plugged?

20150428_163802.jpg

Or . . . I bought a trough filler and have been trying to think of a way to use the water supply from the automatic pool filler to avoid having a hose running across my yard - any ideas?

I need to leave my home for a couple months and need this problem fixed since in AZ, water evaporates fast and pool needs filling a couple times a week. I would hire a pool company to care for the pool, but I don't think they'd be over enough to keep it filled.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Usually they are a plastic bucket buried in the ground with a float valve inside that has a water supply. Then a pipe connecting it to the pool. I do not see a valve in your picture at all.

I had one added to my pool during a resurface and they just bored a hole through the shell and ran a pipe out past the narrow concrete deck at that location (I happened to have a water supply there already too).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.