How To Repair Fafco Sungrabber Solar Panel?

Jul 29, 2013
I'd like to hear some suggestions as to how to repair leaks while still allowing the flow of water? Their Plugs just disable the tube, would rather use something that still allows the water to flow.

Fixing a leak in one of the small tubes without blocking the tube is very difficult and tends to just fail again. Leaks should be rare enough that blocking a tube here and there does not cause any issues.

what Jason said.

Blocking a tube shouldn't have much if any of impact.

I found 2 leaking tubes on 2 different panels on my roof this past weekend and repaired them
with 1/4" nylon bolts with the head cut off and some liquid nails silicone adhesive. easy.

one of them was "repaired" without blocking it. someone had used a jb weld type goop on
the tube covering it....it was leaking. After repairing it the proper way with a plug it doesn't leak at all.

what Jason said.

Blocking a tube shouldn't have much if any of impact.

I found 2 leaking tubes on 2 different panels on my roof this past weekend and repaired them
with 1/4" nylon bolts with the head cut off and some liquid nails silicone adhesive. easy.

one of them was "repaired" without blocking it. someone had used a jb weld type goop on
the tube covering it....it was leaking. After repairing it the proper way with a plug it doesn't leak at all.

I was thinking of maybe getting 1/4" I.D. tubing (the kind used for garden irrigation) and pvc gluing it over the area leaking. I think 1/4" might be the right size? I would have to cut the tube from the panel so it is not connected on sides and is individual then just cut out leak, apply glue slide into tubing, same on other end.

That should fix and not leak

Costs about $9 for 50ft of tubing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.