Milky haze on Flagstone

Mar 25, 2012
I have a Saltwater Pool. It's ~10yrs old. We have owned the house for a year. Chemicals have always(well mostly) been in balance.

Just in the past few weeks I noticed this white haze around the spa.

I am assuming the flagstone is not sealed.
Any idea what could of caused this? It's a pretty drastic color change and seemed to just appear. It certainly wasn't there last year and did not seem to gradually color.

I have read that washing with Muriatic Acid should clean it off.

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 35741

Does water tend to splash onto there? That looks like minerals left from evaporation. However, I can't think of anything that would cause that to appear suddenly, unless water just started constantly spraying onto there.

Does water tend to splash onto there? That looks like minerals left from evaporation. However, I can't think of anything that would cause that to appear suddenly, unless water just started constantly spraying onto there.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am sure it wasn't an overnight thing. It's on the far end of the pool and I just noticed it one day.

What's the best way to acid wash a small area? A disposable spay bottle and a brush?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.