Light Bulbs

Nomorepoolguys

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
So I fill my pool, figure out the chemicals, smile, then turn on the pool light. On! Then off... :(

Light bulb blew. Secured power, tried to unscrew the stripped out retaining screw, finally got it out, not enough cable to get the light on the deck. Disconnect power, attach a string and pull the light on deck. Open up the Pentair light fixture. You kidding me? That's a track lighting 100W light bulb! How can that thing cost so much at the pool store? (No answer required)

So, can I just replace this bulb with a regular bulb from Home Depot, or is an actuall pool light bulb required? How about a nice, bright LED?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

If you are going to stick with a regular bulb, order from Amazon. They are 400 or 500 watts, not from Home Depot.

They do make LED replacements but expect to spend several hundred dollars.

In either case you should replace the lens gasket at the same time, another $15 or so.

Copy all, assuming the Pentair case can handle 400W? And not to cheap out, but the gasket seems to be in good shape - is it standard procedure to replace? You know, what's $15 when you are considering putting your kids into a swimming pool with an old gasket? :)

400 is the smallest as I understand. When I cracked mine open I found that the previous owner had installed a 100w floodlight bulb and the gasket was really mangled up, so I guess he didn't change it. They are all standard Edison base bulbs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.