Getting ready to take pool cover off

This is the first year I've had to deal with opening up a pool. We bought a summer scape metal frame 14x42 pool last year. Holds about 3750 gallons with a SFS1000/7 SkimmerPlus® Filter Pump. Im expecting algae, i had a hard time keeping the pool clean last year. my water hose doesnt have very good pressure and I was thinking of getting a new vacuum and using the skimmer this year. I had looked at the website and saw this kit Deluxe Maintenance Kit for SFS Filtration System. What do i need to know about vacuuming the pool using the skimmer?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If you have a hard time keeping the pool clear, then it was likely a chemistry problem ... more specifically a lack of sufficient chlorine.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

To clear up algae, you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process which requires one of the Recommended Test Kits. Given that your pool is small, you might be better off just draining and starting over and then following the Seasonal/Temporary Pool Guide.

That was all a bit of a tangent because I am not sure how to answer your question about vacuuming in these small AG pools :mrgreen:

i have horrible water pressure in my garden hose and I was using the vaccum that attaches to the hose that has a bag to collect the stuff on the botton. i had some issues with algae last year but i really think its because i couldnt clean it well. i was def thinking of draining it and starting over. how do i go about cleaning the bottom of the pool, do i clean it then drain it?

Either way is fine. Depends how much time and energy you want to spend scrubbing and hosing. Or you can leave it full and SLAM it, SLAMing Your Pool

One thing that might help you decide is if you know what your CYA level is. If it is high then you will need to drain some of the water to dilute it anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.