Technical guidance -Commercial pools

I am a hydraulic engineer for many years but only recently venturing into consulting/design of commercial swimming pools/spa. I am doing a large hotel pool (180,000 gal) with complete gutter system around pool (380 ft perimeter. Want to use collection tank. Estimate filtration rate to be at least 320 GPM. I am not familiar with main drain float valve in collection tank (need a pointer to suitable product - 2x6" lines?). When piping gutter from far end to pump room was planning 2 lines into collection tank increasing from 2" to 6" on each side with inlet pipes from gutter every 10 ft. Guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

You are asking for someone to give you free advice so you can in turn charge someone for these services. I'm really not interested in doing that, however I will say that 320gpm is inadequate to run a pool of that size. It's less than 1gpm per foot of weir. It's also less than a 6 hour turnover.

It sounds to me like you might need to hire a consultant to help you with the entire scope of the design.

You are asking for someone to give you free advice so you can in turn charge someone for these services. I'm really not interested in doing that, however I will say that 320gpm is inadequate to run a pool of that size. It's less than 1gpm per foot of weir. It's also less than a 6 hour turnover.

It sounds to me like you might need to hire a consultant to help you with the entire scope of the design.

Dear Racket,
Seems like I miss understood this forum. I though it was a site where professionals shared ideas and helped each other. No disrespect meant. Thanks for advice anyway.
Regards

Actually, there are very few Pool Pros on the forum. The overwhelming majority are Pool owners. Some of us have different backgrounds in fields that are related or have things in common with pools/chemistry etc, but very few are actual Pool Professionals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.