Any concern with 4 wheel ThePoolCleaner in small'ish pool?

Mar 27, 2015
Orlando, FL
I ordered a Hayward AquaNaut 200 (2 wheel ThePoolCleaner) from local pool store under the rebate + in-store credit promo deal. Hayward/Poolvergneugen is apparently having some issues getting enough manufactured to meet order demand and it's taken longer then promised to get me the 2 wheel model.

I just received a call that they will be getting some 4 wheel models in this week and Hayward gave them permission to give me the 4 wheel model instead, which is about a $45 free "upgrade".

With 14k gallons and only 6.5' deep end, is there any concern with the 4 wheel model? Hayward rep told my contact at the pool store there was no issue using the 4 wheel model. I could opt to continue to wait for a 2 wheel model, I'm in no rush.

I read about the extra hose, which I don't need, and that the 2 extra wheels give extra traction to drag more hose. I remember reading somewhere about minimum flow rates being slightly higher on the 4 wheel. I know flow rate won't be an issue for me with my pump. Guess it just means having to possibly using slightly higher pump speeds for it to do its thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.