Re: Chlorine pucks / tabs without stabilizer / CYA

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY

Does anyone know if they ever made an chlorine pucks for a chlorinator? I don't want to use them due to some posters talking about how all of them increase your CYA.

Would a good alternative (and probably cheaper) be to just pour in about some liquid bleach from walmart every night for the 15' above ground I am considering buying?

I was trying to figure it out in pool math section but I think that section only shows you how to get to a 'target' number if you have a problem. Would anyone know how many oz daily or every 2 days to add of bleach to a 5500 gal above ground pool. Thanks all!

We think so, because it enables you to have tight reigns on your water balance. There are other things to control....Parameters like Cya (stabilizer). As for the dose, and other things you'll need to look at, there are tools like Pool Math and Information in Pool School.

Start in Pool School with The ABCs and work your way through. We will be here to answer questions, so ask all you like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.