outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I'm looking for tips on how to hook up a shower easily and most cost effectively outdoors.

I am planning on asking the pb to install a couple of hose bibs. i'd like to attach an outdoor shower to one of them. the shower won't be close to the home and i don't want to spend money on piping to the house for hot water. It's AZ so we can make due without hot water, not that i wouldn't mind hot water. plus, for an outdoor shower, i believe we'd need to pull a pricey permit. i was wondering if i can just do a detachable shower. can i have them put in a hose bib and then attach a washing machine connector/hose to the water bib or something along those lines? i saw some outdoor showers on amazon and at lowes but i saw some showers on pictures that looked nice. i'd have to see where I could get something like that. my original idea was to have a mexican tiled backsplash where the shower would come out of. trying to get away with doing an inexpensive shower.

thx for any input on any ideas of how to hook up a shower easily outdoors.

I saw one a few years back that was a DIY project made from some 3-4 inch PVC. As I recall it was made from so as to have an H shaped base using 2 T's and end caps on 3 or the 4 legs of the H, one of the back legs had a reducer and a hose bib linlet. then another T was pointed vertical near one side (front side) of the H and a PVC column went up to a shower head rigged to a pull chain valve. The sun would heat the water in the pipe and the water connection would provide pressure and refill from the bottom up. Since heat rises the vertical column would be the warmest. If using 3 inch PVC 5 ft long, the vertical column would hold 1.7 gallons, or 3.5 gallons with 4 inch PVC pipe. The average shower head flows around 2 gallons per minute. A fancier setup would flow through a 2 way shower valve for heat control.

Depending on where you place the shower, there are some very inexpensive propane portable tankless shower heaters you could hook to a BBQ tank. They even come with a handheld shower head. Since you won't use it much it should cost too much in propane. Eccotemp makes one for about $120.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.