SLAMMING hot tub

Good Evening all, I have a question about slamming my hot tub. I recently opened it and balanced the water including TA. I thought everything was fine (water looks good, basic tests are good) until I decided to try out the CC test in my kit. So, CC was at 1.5. I began slamming it yesterday using the pool math numbers to raise FC. My CYA is aprox 25-30 so Im slamming at 14 FC.. Ive been doing this for two days now and CC is still at 1.5 FC did fall to almost zero overnight... weird right? where is the FC going? Im pretty sure the CC built up because my kids are practically using tub as a pool while we wait for our pool to get built. The FC quite likely was dropping to 0 before they would get out and I would raise it and test it at 2-3FC. My bad. If I ever get this CC back under .5 I promise to be diligent and keep FC much higher while kids are using it like a pool :)

So, what do I do? Keep adding bleach? I feel like the constant testing is costing more than a water replace would. Thanks!!!

tests:
TA 70 (originally it was 100 and I brought it down to 50 but now its back to 70)
ph doesn't matter cuz im slamming... pre slamming it was aprrox 7.6-7.8
Borates 50 (not from a test result but from adding borax and MA according to pool math)
CH 100
FC depends on the moment
CC 1.5 and holding steady for second day of slamming

Thanks for reply! Yes Pooldv I have read that sticky and except for not keeping the FC high enough I was following it and thought I was having great success :) The water looks great btw... I will give it through this evening and see if the CC comes down. Thanks... :) And yes, maybe the kids are enjoying it a little too much!! Need that pool built!

Ok, if the water is OK and you've been keeping it TFPC-style then continuing to add bleach is fine.

I see you have cya and borates all set. Good stuff! It'll be good in no time. Skip the drain. Good job! :goodjob:

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, taking a 5 minute break every hour or so for potty break and chlorine check/add a few ppm will probably help. :)

Haha yes!! Totally need to make them get out long enough to check fc from now on!! Or I may just boot them out of my tub all together! Two days ago they had their flippers and snorkles in to try them out. I guess they are a little excited for the pool to be done!!

Update: the fc seems to be holding a little more steady between 12 and 14 but the cc just won't budge from1.5. Is zero cc even attainable in a hot tub?

Don't tell anyone, but I have never measured CC in our hot tub. Day to day and week to week, I am all about clear water, FC above 5 and ph below 8. After getting all the initial TA, cya, borates, etc set to start with and checked every few weeks.

Awesome! Your secret is safe with me !! See,I would have been fine if I just hadn't been playing with the test kit! My water is sparkly! I will see if I can get a steady FC around 4 or 5 and just leave it until we drain it to fix a broken line. Thanks again! The kids will be so glad that I'm almost done messing with their "pool"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.