changing intex through wall fittings

Apr 26, 2015
Rocky Point, NC
If this is the wrong place I apologize. I have a 16x48 intex with the small inlet/outlet fittings. I also have had given to me the larger through wall fittings. How hard would it be to change them and what is the best way to do it. I currently have the adapters with plunger valves. My pump is a Hayward super pump with a 3/4 hp motor, and a 200 lb sand filter and a through wall skimmer. Any pics or advice would be helpful.

The link Richard posted is the one I followed. I ordered 2 extra gaskets so I could have one on the inside and one one on the outside of the pool wall. You want to make sure that you get it trimmed up good or you will have a leak on refill. I had to drain water back down and trim edges. Essentially you are pretty much cutting out the reinforced black on the inside of the pool. Trace the inside of the gasket and cut to the outside of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to add that if you are considering a thru the wall skimmer also you should do it the same time so you don't have to lower your water to do that too. I will be adding mine once I finish my slam process. I have a over the wall but it can be a pain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.