Cover coming off Tuesday, wondering?

Mar 31, 2013
TN
Last year when the cover came off they put some Trichlor in it I think. Then I took it and followed directions on this site and my water was perfect all year. I am wondering if I need them to put anything in the pool at all. Also I wonder if I should SLAM the pool before doing anything?

I am leaving town Wed morning and won"t be back till Sunday. Bad scheduling I know.

What should I look for upon opening and what are some general guidelines to follow when opening. Last year I was totally green to the opening process but I don't want to do something this year that I can"t take back.

Ideas?

How warm is your water? Seems kind of late to be opening in TN. We recommend opening while the water is in the 50s ... so I would guess your pool is going to be green again.

You should get things running, circulate for an hour or so and then do a full set of tests to find out what you need to adjust. We do not guess, we test.

Why even take the cover off if you are going to be gone for 5 days? :scratch:

If the water is green, then you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process, which can not have a 5 day break in the middle.

I would think the water will be in the low 60s. People seem to be opening pools around here at end of April till middle of May.

My water was not green last year and has never been green since putting pool in in 2013.

I'm not taking cover off, wife had people that put it in lined up to do it this Tuesday. I'm not yet comfortable opening and closing. seems the procedure for opening and closing is a little different from all my friends that have pools. It doesn't seem that difficult but they drain NO water out of my pool to close it. Most of my friends drain theirs down below jets but I was told if I do that the liner will come off the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.