4" Franklin submersible laid in angle in shallow pond

vd9300

Apr 26, 2015
AUSTIN
I have a Franklin 2243019204S 4" Submersible 3 Wire 1PH Motor 2 HP 230V installed in a shallow pond by previous home owner. The pump has been put in a 6 inches strained pvc pipe 8 feet long and laid in an angle about 15 degree in the pond. I don't know how old is the pump but it turned bad and I just bought a new motor. Now, the new motor runs well now but my friend said that the pump and motor should be installed in vertical position. Do I have to change the pump to a vertical position?
Thank you very much for your help,

Hi POOLDV,
I am just concerned about laying the pump in an angle would damage the shaft or bearing in the long run. I don't see an advice in Franklin manual about its position in the water accept when assembling the motor and pump. I am glad that I don't have to rebuild the unit.
Thanks POOLDV,

I can't imagine that being a problem. And if they aren't concerned enough about it to mention it in the manual then even more reason why it should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.