I'm looking for the least expensive VS pump to replace my 2hp WF pump.

Found the V-Green 165 Variable Speed Pool Pump Motor - Square Flange for $399.00. I have a aqualink rs from 2002 and looking for some kind on integration.
There is a VGreen Automation Adapter Kit $199.00.
The V-Green Automation Adapter provides the ability to operate a V-Green motor with a 3rd party automation system such as the Hayward Goldline Pro
Logic, Pentair Easytouch, Jandy Aqualink, and Intermatic controls. This will allow the user to control and experience the full variable speed capability of a
V-Green product through an existing automation system.

Will it work ?

I wouldn't call it full control over the speed, the way a pump/automations system that are designed to work together would give you. But the adapter kit will let you use more than one speed. Each speed you want to use requires a relay on the automation system. Installation will also be mildly complicated, not difficult exactly, but beyond most complete novices.

Depending on your needs, there may not be any reason to get the adapter kit. Most basic pools (no spa) are fine using a single speed most of the time, with just a manual option to go to a higher speed for a while.

The default setup for that pump (without the adapter kit) is that you set the speed on the pumps control panel, and turn the pump on and off with the AuqaLink. Typically you set the pump up at some appropriate speed once, and leave it there. The pump also allows some slightly more complex setups, for example it can start at one speed and then switch to another speed after it has been running for some programable amount of time. That last is a good mode for use with your pool cleaner, which will want some time at a higher speed to clean efficiently and then the rest of the time can be at a lower speed. Since the spa has it's own pump, and the waterfall has it's own pump, and the cleaner is covered, I don't see any reason you would need to be able to change speeds from the AquaLink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.