Replace Hayward Astrolite w/ Intellibrite 5g in Sp-607 niche?

budgetplan1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Current Light: Hayward Astrolite SP0583L50 in a Hayward SP607 Niche.

Want to replace w/ an Intellibrite 5g model but it appears that the Intellibrite 5g has an outside ring diameter of 10.12" while current Hayward Light is 10.875" ring diameter. Can't really find specs on niche faceplate overlap so not sure Intellibrite will fit. Have seen anecdotal evidence on the Web that "...it will fit." but you know how accurate free info can be.

Thoughts? Really wanna go Intellibrite over Colorlogic as have heard colorlogic not as bright/widespread due to Intellibrite lens design advantage.

So, anyone know if Intellibright 5g (601002) will fit nicely in SP607 niche without hacking it, light wedges, etc.?

Thanks

Yeah, looks like a no-go. Pentair says:

"Unfortunately, we would not be able to recommend installing our light into a Hayward niche nor can we recommend an adapter to fit an Intellibrite as well, only option we would have in this case is to remove the existing niche and install the proper Pentair niche."

Oh well, looks like I stick with another Astrolite...heck, lasted 18 years, not even a bulb replacement. Believe it to be leaking, not from gasket but from cord into housing area.

In my practical experience every light that is a large pool light will fit in any manufacturers niche.

The exception to this would be the Sta-rite light and some Hydrel lights.

I have in the past used amerlites in hayward niches and the intellibrite has the same mounting design as the amerlite. So it should fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.