LOST Prime / no pressure

Apr 23, 2012
Good morning folks,

Finance and I went on vacation and pool pump / pool was operationg normally after a very easy pool opening in Atlanta two weeks ago.

Come back after what I hear is many inches of rain and pool was far to high (over skimmer) My finance said she backflushed , but when
I inspected pool level, it was still way too high.

I noticed water flow out of discharge pipe was minimul. I cleaned pump basket(it was terribly full and the water flowed out better but not with
the force it normally does in backflush,rinse or waste modes.

I also see that I have some air in site glass and pump basket compartment..

I have lost prime??? I think this happened last year and cant remember the solution. Nice way to enjoy last day off

George

just no pressure at all minimum pressure someone had told me to stick a hose in skimmer and hose into pipe before pump basket to see if there was a plug hate to see pump dead but I do have a back up or possible sand in filter finally needs a cleaning??? thoughts from the experts ????

ok found the article thanks got rid of the air in pump basket area but still no pressure some out of closest jet but other two farther away ones are weak to none. and very little suction out of skimmer. Also bubbles still coming out of jets. trying to post some pics of set up its rather old with a drip or two out of one of the middle valve and pipe going to filter. But a week ago , system was operating swimmingly no pun intendedphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg also have condensation formed in pressure gauge since we have been gone. I don't know if I attached pictures right or not

my future daughter in law cleaned skimmer while we were gone. couldn't it be as simple (if you want to call it simple) as a blockage from skimmer to pump. I moderator said last year to put hose on full blast into skimmer and block pipe going into pump strainer and unblock that pipe...???? is that the right process and possible solution?

Your post is confusing. Did you have this same problem last year?

If you suspect your pipe from the skimmer (what are you calling the skimmer?) to the pump is clogged, you can put a hose into the PUMP strainer basket and try to wash the clog out backwards.

If you are still getting bubbles, you did not solve your suction side leak(s). At least, not all of them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
im thinking the pipe from pool skimmer is clogged because of no pressure and there was so much debris in pump basket when I had to clean it this morning. But I am still getting bubbles from somewhere. Did you see where I had a tiny drip from middle valve and pipe going to sand filter. That would cause an issue would it. Whole system worked great last Thursday before we left. Something occurred since we left and coming back. Only thing I know was done was the skimmer basket was cleaned and maybe she didn't turn off pump and a bunch of debris went down into piping going to pump. Make sense what im saying...???? At;east partial reason for pressure loss. I think you helped me fix this last year. But you told me to do it the other way around. stuffing rag into pipe going into pump basket area and create pressure to blow clog through. Atleast someone did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.