IC20 @ 1% 8 hours a day: way too much chlorine

Apr 25, 2015
Portland, OR
I have a 3500 gallon pool/spa (small) and an IC20 SWG. I run it at 1% only on spa mode which runs 8 hours a day and in a week the FC will go from near 0 to off the chart. Turning it off completely brings it back down over time. Is there something wrong with my IC20 or is there some way I can use a smaller tablet or something?

Thanks,
Nate

Welcome to TFP!

We don't recommend using a SWG larger than 3 times the size of your pool. Your is roughly six times larger, which is going to cause problems such as the one you describe.

I would start by cutting your run time down to two or three hours a day. Eight hours a day is way more than you are likely to need and is also contributing to your problem.

Longer term, you might also want to consider lowering the CYA level a little. That will help keep the FC level from getting too high.

I cant remember exactly, but maybe someone will.. do you have the IC20 connected to any pentair automation? (suntouch, solartouch, easytouch) I remember reading some where that without pentair automation you can only adjust at 20% increments.. so even though you think its 1% its actually 20%...

Can someone confirm or deny this, I seem to have a case of CRS and google is not finding the info...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.