need to replace liner, where to drain pool water?

If you have a waste setting on your filter and city sewer service, you can get enough discharge hose to reach the clean-out on your sewer line and pump the pool water into that. Most cities have regulations against pumping pool water into the storm drains.

Thank you for the reply. I am draining it on to the lawn. It just seems like so much water... I will do it over a few days.
Once upon a time when we had enough rain forecast that I lowered the pool a few inches, I opened the cleanout plug by the kitchen sink drain and shoved the hose in there. I figured a couple thousand gallons would help move the various bits of crud left in the pipes by the dishwasher and the garbage disposal. Initially, I had to reduce the flow a bit so it would stop overflowing, but after a few hours I was able to restore full flow and let it rip. Something to keep in mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.