Advice on pool deck furniture....

Stay away from the Lowes stuff. First set started to chip pretty bad after a year and surprisingly they replaced it after about 2nd year. Now the replacement set, which is a different style, is not fairing all that well. Faded and chipping. Surprisingly the fabric on the chairs has held up on both sets very well, just the finish on the metal is ****.

One of umbrellas also broke. There is a push button pin that allows it to tilt, it had sheered and now the umbrella is in permanent tilt without help.

I forgot, the rest of our patio stuff is made by Tripitone and it is over seven years old and still going strong. It was on the expensive side but has proven to be well worth it.

We looked everywhere the first year and ended up getting some temporary chaises and tables at Target. They were cheap like 60-70 bucks and steel for chaises and tables were like 20 bucks. Three years later we still have it all and love it. One of them has a little rust. We are going to swing by Target this spring to see what they have. Don't delay, they only have it for a short time each spring, we missed it last year.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a pic in post 14 of my build link below.

I second the aluminum furniture over steel. We bought an aluminum table with six aluminum frame chairs in 2006 and the web fabric of the chairs is just starting to give out this year. It's a shame because the frames are still in great shape but i see no way that would be pratical to repair the fabric on the chairs. I know aluminum is more expensive as we are now looking now to replace the chairs but it's worth it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am starting to look for some too - would love to hear more. I need 2 chaise-type lounge chairs for the tanning ledge - I am worried about the types of materials I can use on my Pebble Sheen - I sure don't want to damage that.

I would LOVE one of the SunLoungers mentioned in the link above - but I do NOT have $600+ for EACH. Seriously? What do NORMAL people use on their tanning ledge.

I am starting to look for some too - would love to hear more. I need 2 chaise-type lounge chairs for the tanning ledge - I am worried about the types of materials I can use on my Pebble Sheen - I sure don't want to damage that.

I would LOVE one of the SunLoungers mentioned in the link above - but I do NOT have $600+ for EACH. Seriously? What do NORMAL people use on their tanning ledge.

Thats the retail price. PB should be abe to bring the price down signifcantly, I've heard of PB's including them as a gift as part of the pool build. I would definitly ask PB. Never hurts to ask, mention that your hubby is a Veteran.

Seriously? I would have NEVER thought about that!!!!!!!! Soooo going to ask. BUT I think I will wait until the respond to my last email with a million questions comes back. I swear I am not high maintenance - or I wasn't until this pool build.

After biting the bullet on the ledge loungers for our shelf, I decided to make 4 chaise lounges. $100 in materials for each.
My last wood shop was in third grade but I can follow insturctions. Design was at Ana White. I stained them a dark walnut.

Were you able to get the Ledge Loungers for less than $600. If so where do you get them?

We went the much cheaper route before even considering the LL's

Lowes $50each IIRC and sure they aren't the most glamorous but they do the job. Is your backside in the water? not with these thou.

20150328_173953-M.jpg

20150329_161252-M.jpg

We went the much cheaper route before even considering the LL's

Lowes $50each IIRC and sure they aren't the most glamorous but they do the job. Is your backside in the water? not with these thou.

20150328_173953-M.jpg

20150329_161252-M.jpg

How deep is your tanning ledge? I read somewhere - that you can cut the bottoms off of the legs and make these sit lower - since you have some - do you think it would work? I kinda think I would want to be lower.

I have these and have been pleased so far. I only use them on the deck but I'm sure they would work on a tanning ledge. The 2 bottom legs are easily removed and I read in the reviews that they work well without the legs for those who wish to sit lower. The are completely plastic, just with the wicker look.
I must also add that I got mine from Amazon for only $260 (2 pack) just a couple of months ago so I'm not sure why they're so much higher now.
image.jpg

Last edited:
We have both Brown Jordan and Tropitone which are both powder coated aluminum which will never rust. Both sets are around 12 years old and the frames all are still great. The Tropitone fabric still looks good but the Brown Jordon plastic straps are fading and I may get them re-strapped or by new chairs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.