New AGP oval hassles! Bury it a foot?

Apr 25, 2015
Florence Ky
So I had a 15x30 pool that came when I bought my house. It was leaky rusty and walls were starting to be punched out. I decided to replace. Well this has been a nightmare. Pool is barely half up and they were here all day. Anyway they said not to put my egg size smooth rock back around my pool but put 1 1/2 feet of topsoil around the whole pool. I'm sorry that is gonna look really funny. Any suggestions what to do? Are oval pools really this more complicated. All our friends have the same rock around there pool

Beware that topsoil is always wet to some degree and will cause rusting eventually.

I am not going to use topsoil around mine, matter of fact, my installer said not to use topsoil.. I am using 1 inch #67 clean rock to fill in, the calculator said I will need about 12 tons of rock..

Rock like you are planning to use drains much better than soil. If you put a 1.5' of topsoil all around the pool and nothing on top of that the first big rain that comes along is going to make a real mess! Piling dirt around the pool is not the same as burying it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.