North Texas Pool Remodel has started!! (Updates with pics as we go)

kriv

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
So we finally got lined up on all of our selections and pool remodel started today.

This is what we started with:
5eme6e2u.jpg

That picture is from last year. Since then we have had the bricks falling off the spa and tiles falling off around the pool.

What we are changing:
1. Lueders Flagstone coping instead of the bricks.
2. Blue 4" tiles.
3. Blue Quartz Plaster
4. Clean and Clear 530 Filter
5. 400K BTU Natural Gas Pentair Heater
6. Tree and planter are the far side of the first picture are coming out. We are bringing down the level of that side as far down as the pool beam allows us to go. That section will be decked like the rest of the deck.
7. We are rebuilding and extending the fence so that encloses the entire back yard and not just the pool.

Day 1 Pictures

Any suggestions on lights?
I want to go with:
Intellibrite 5G for the pool light.
Glowbrite for the spa light.

Day two of work. (going a little slow due to the rain).

First issue, tile was on backorder and had to pick another. This was actually great because the dominating red of the old brick affected our choice. When that brick was gone, we were able to get a better idea of the tile we preferred.

Tree is down and we decided to replace the heater, which wasn't in our initial plan. I have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace some gas pipe that was cracking. You can see the old smokestack heater in the side yard on the first pic.

20150428_172915 by vitry99

20150428_172850 by vitry99

20150428_172809 by vitry99

Last edited:
when I first saw the pic, (before I read anything), I thought you were gonna say the storms we've had lately blew a tree into your pool and ruined it!
guess not though!

Keep the pics coming. I especially like remodels!

Day two of work. (going a little slow due to the rain).

First issue, tile was on backorder and had to pick another. This was actually great because the dominating red of the old brick affected our choice. When that brick was gone, we were able to get a better idea of the tile we preferred.

Tree is down and we decided to replace the heater, which wasn't in our initial plan. I have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace some gas pipe that was cracking. You can see the old smokestack heater in the side yard on the first pic.

20150428_172915 by vitry99

20150428_172850 by vitry99

20150428_172809 by vitry99

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Blue quartz is an additive they put in the white plaster. It looks like blue particles mixed in the plaster and has a smooth finish as plaster. From a distance it gives it a blue look.

I am going to put plants in planters, so I can move them around. I also want to put a small table and chair set over there.

Right now, gambit only has that small side yard for fenced in space. But, we are moving the fence to enclose the entire yard and driveway. He will have a huge play area after we are done with that. Hopefully, in the next 3 weeks.

Just think Gambit you are going to have a huge yard to play in AND a pool to swim in! LOL

What are you thinking of putting over the dirt that the planters will sit in? The small table awwwwwwwwww will be so nice to sit have drink your coffer or adult drink!

Kim

This is fun! It's amazing how different everything looks with the new coping and tile. The house even looks newer.The tile is so pretty and looks great with the coping! More please!! Thanks for sharing.... Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.