The great 2015 Spring Oak Tree Dump and 9" of Rain.

May 14, 2014
Houston, TX
USING THE TF-100 KIT

This years Spring dump was very bad due to lots of rain, zillions of leaves, twigs, fuzz, and tons of pollen.

I don't have time to clean the pool every 2 hours.

The pool was totally lost. Been fighting for 3 weeks now.

It has been running 24/7 for 4 weeks with semi daily brush, vac and backwash.

It has been debree free for 8 days.

I can't clear up the green powder.

Last weekend I raised CYA from 20 to 44 and started slamming on Sunday night.

Every day the green powder returns.

Tonights readings before brushing.

CDT 13.5 I dialed it up to 19 Sunday night, dropped to target 17 Wednesday. Just brushed and added 126 oz of fresh 8.25 bleach per pool calc.

CC .5

CH 250

CYA 42 raised from 20 to 44.

TA 110 was also raised this week from 60.

PH this is odd and maybe an issue. I did the test and tonight I get 7.2 " my target" I set it aside and do the next test and it now shows 8.2+.

I never noticed this before, but now this is what happens every time.

Is this false PH readings?

I can spend more time on the pool this weekend.

We may get more heavy rain tonight.

Any Ideas? :confused:

Your pH will read false in the presence of high chlorine, so once you lower pH to acceptable levels to begin the SLAM, you don't check it again until your chlorine drops below 10. Anything above 10 won't test properly.

When you say green powder, is it algae or is it from your trees?

Also, are you keeping the chlorine above shock level for your CYA 24/7, as best as possible?

PH will test false with a FC over 10 so............that could be the problem.

How often are you able to test and add chlorine a day?

I wonder if you vacuumed to waste instead of to the filter if that would help get rid of the "powder"? It might be worth a try.

Kim

When I say green powder I mean algae, When you brush it looks like green powder on the bottom.

My slam target is 16. 2 hours after last nights treatment I was at 19.5 We had more rain last night.

At 11 this morning the water looks like pea soup- much worse than last night can't see the bottom. CL is now 18.5 with almost no cc.

I have been at 16 or above for most of 6 days with no improvement? How can the algae be thriving?

I am so desperate I may go blow $80 on some phos free.

Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.