35 mph wind and water loss

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
For about 3 days we have had strong winds here in East Central Illinois. My swimming pool had waves and water was splashing out! The wind blew everything to the skimmer so the surface was really clean. When the wind finally died down today, I was sad to notice that I had lost 1 1\2" - 2" of water. Has this happened to anyone else or do I just have crazy wind here?

Winds have been crazy here lately..been doing my fair share of skimming and vacuuming this week..just waiting for all this rain and crappy weather to be over..next week looks promising..

35 mile an hour winds would be nice :) We have had 20 to 40 with 65 MPH gusts just for fun... the most strait line wind we have had is 90 to 110, not exactly sure but I put in a shelter after that...

I am hoping the solar cover will cut down on some water loss...

Hey, I hate my solar cover so much I never though to use it to keep the water in. I just might have to grin and bare it if we'll be getting more wind like this. Last time I took the solar cover off the pool, the entire thing went airborne with me hanging onto the edge. Not fun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.