after ike

Sep 15, 2008
We survived Ike and are on generator power. I have cleaned up most of the leaves in the pool and have some chlorine in at basic levels. We have no pumps but I do have a generator. Is there anybody in the Cypress, TX area 290\Cypress Rosehill who has a electric pool robot I can use or rent to clean my pool bottom? Of course my Polaris wont work without the pumps. Thanks. Please e-mail me at [email protected] . Thanks

Hey, glad you survived. Due to my recent electrical fire, I have my pool pump running on a generator. You can put a cap on the cord to your pump and plug it is. (Provided its wired for 110) Unless your genny has a 220 output and your pump is wired 220. Mine runs fine on the genny and I can vacuum it normally.

Our pool survived Ike but the roof did not. :( I was a little worried the pool was going to end up in my house. I'm not in the Texas area or I would loan you a cleaner. I spent the better part of the evening cleaning leaves myself. Good luck.

Electricity is not my strong point. The pumps are wired up to the main box at the house. Thanks GD we have a generator. Many in Houston/ Galveston are without. We lost some shingles but thats it. The pool is still clear and blue. I put the floater in and got as many leaves out as possible. Would love a robot. I guess we can count our blessings if my only problem is a dirty pool and no a/c. We are 50 miles from Galveston and go there often. That city is about wiped off the map.

got the pool bottom clean. Friend had a water hose operated vacuum that did a great job. Need to get one like that. He uses it for his spa. Put it on the pool pole, hook the water hose up and it creates a vacuum into a sand and silt type bag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.